Looking back



“Looking back on how it was in years gone by.”


So it’s the end of the first half of my third year at the university. It was not until now did I have enough time to really look back to the rather long road I’ve been passing through. The very first sentence of this piece of writing is quoted from the song “Yesterday once more”, one of my most favorite. I have a great love for everything relating to the past, and this song is certainly not an exception. Then continues the lyric: “…and the good times that I had make today seem rather sad. So much has changed…”. Yes, so much has changed, and the time I had with my class 07D has even ended. What have I learned and lost after such a journey then?

It has been over 2 years since I entered the university. I used to exclaim “how time flies” whenever I looked back to the past, yet recently I have learned that it is indeed a rhetorical question, no one can ever explain or find a reasonable answer for it. Time really flies that rapidly, no matter what. My student life, however, has passed through the silent years, during which I had not so many impressions or memories. So now, when I try to recall something from it, everything seems so like a dark and thick mist that what I get is just the separated pieces of the complete jigsaw called “my memory of student life”.

The very first year. I entered school with the enthusiasms and eagerness of a freshman, and soon found out that student life was so great. I have, for many times, expressed my love for the new school, the new friends and the new everything I got in my brand new life. Yet all of those feelings have soon gone away at the end of the year, when I realized that everything was not what it seemed. As a result, I hardly remember anything about my first year. It’s so dim a recollection that I virtually forget all of the things I’ve passed through, though I know I did have a very good time then.

The second year. Time seems to fly a great deal faster. The reason is, I guess, because I became much busier with lots of new courses whose higher requirements than those in the first year. I was so pleased with this busy year, however. I hate being so free. I love to work; love to go to school everyday and love to have something to do to make myself busy, not having spare time to think of the unnecessary things. For when you are too busy, you will not have enough time to notice how time flies. Thus, the second year passed by as silent and as rapid as the first one. No more memory, no more impression, but worse circumstances I’ve been to and more terrible people I’ve met.

Then came the third year. It was seemingly the busiest year ever, and this was really the student life I had wished to have. Busy, busy and busy. It is so short a story to tell about this year, partly because I have just passed a half of the journey, and because the strict requirements of the courses have filled up all my time. Since this semester is the last one when we can study in the same class, all of my classmates have somehow tried to get themselves closer to each other than ever. It can be said that we have really had a great last time together. I was just wondering whether it was time to bid my farewells to the class, or I should save it until we are all graduated. Perhaps I should save it, since we still have lots of chance to meet again, though the chance to study together as we used to is far impossible. So sad!

I’m trying to recall some sweet memories I have ever had with my class, yet again, everything is like an old odd video tape with broken pieces of images. Usually we do not treasure what we have until we lose them. Maybe someday those things will, clearly and completely, recall to me. Let’s hope.

Then I guess it’s enough for the time of recalling the past. Still I have the rest of the road to go. Looking back the past is a way to be prepared for the future. Although I seem not to love my student life a lot, I do not hate it either. It can only be concluded that deep inside my heart, there are still places for the memories I have had here in the university.

Comments

  1. ur entry's so sad....Cuộc sống là hỗn hợp của muôn ngàn cung bậc xúc cảm,có vui thì cũg có buồn.Chỉ hy vọng khi bn nhìn lại quá khứ,bn hiểu đc tương lai bn cần làm j,bn hiểu đc bn đã có dc những j sau cuộc hành trình dường như chưa có điểm kết thúc ấy.Có lẽ t chưa hiểu hết dc entry nặng trĩu những ưu tư của bn,nhưng t tin là bn sẽ làm dc một điều j đó thật ý nghĩa vào cuối năm nay.Ký ức vui thì hãy giữ lại,ký ức buồn thì hãy cho nó vào sâu trong ngăn tủ của trái tim,góc khuất của tâm hồn.Đừng để quá khứ ảnh hưởng nhiều đến tương lai và hiện tại của ta.T rất tâm đắc với câu nói cuối entry bn:Nhìn lại quá khứ để tiếp tục bước đi về phía trước-những bước đi vững vàng hơn,mạnh mẽ hơn.Mọi thứ rồi sẽ ổn cả thôi,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cám ơn bạn rất nhiều về những dòng chia sẻ trên. mình biết con đường vẫn còn dài và mình phải giữ lại những gì của quá khứ cho hành trang sắp tới cũng như bỏ lại sau lưng những gì không đáng mang theo.

    entry này chỉ là 1 phút nhìn lại thế thôi, mình không thực sự ưu tư nhiều về những vì đã viết ở trên. nó chỉ như mình muốn mở lại cuốn phim quá khứ để xem, nhưng rồi cuốn phim ấy bị hư, thế thì thôi, ko cần phải xem nữa. hôm nào đó rồi mọi thứ sẽ bỗng nhiên trở về thôi.

    cám ơn bạn đã đọc và chia sẻ nhé.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lớp trưởng tình kủm mà cũng lo học wa trùi. hehe. gud:d. gud luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, ai ya? tinh cum voi hoc dau co lien wan gi voi nhau? hehe. het lam lop truong goy t.t

    ReplyDelete
  5. anh xu viết hay quá chừng. Đọc xúc động luôn [em dùng google dịch chứ ko dùng từ điển nha hihi].
    Nhưng em vẫn mơ về 1 thời sinh viên với nhiều ấn tượng hơn, nhiều kỉ niệm hơn và có thể có cả tình yêu nữa ^^.
    Thank for share nha, anh xu viết hay lém đoá.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cám ơn em nhé. có thể anh chỉ là cá biệt thôi em, với nhiều người thời SV vẫn rất đẹp đấy chứ. A tin là em sẽ có 1 student life thú vị hơn a rất nhìu. hihi. Và nhất là cái khoảng tình yêu í í :P

    chúc em luôn vui nhé. Cám ơn vì đã đọc ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. trời ơi đọc lại bài này sao thấy bùn dễ sợ =((

    ReplyDelete
  8. well-written! well,however, a little bit more optimism may help you n your note itself look better! anyway,deep thought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment. You are right. In this note, I was too pessimistic. I did admit this in the entry Đi học: http://xumap.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-hoc.html, in which I have looked back again with a higher level of optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so you are in third year?
    i'd finished the 5th semester. i met not bad circumstances nor terrible people but i had no inspiration for anything, including studying, taking part in activities, making relationship........ am i pessimistic too?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Để đề phòng blog bị lỗi ko comment được, trước khi bấm Post comment các bạn nên copy nội dung comment lại trước.

Popular posts from this blog