I have a dream


Dear M,


How are you these days? I’m very sorry for not writing to you for a long time. I hope you understand that it is just because it’s now the middle-end of the summer vacation, my family is trying to carry out some last activities to finish the holiday within next week in order to be prepared for a new school year. As a result, I am so busy with helping my family serve in the two death-anniversaries of my grand parents and joining a trip to my hometown last week that I just found time to write to tell you something interesting I had in recent days. It’s about my dreams, strange ones.


As you may know, the weather these days is not so good. There’s a severe storm in the North, and HCMC as well as Tay Ninh my town are also affected by several heavy rain. The rain and cool climate make me sleep better than ever. I love to roll myself in the blanket, reading my favorite book and wait for the sleep to come. Usually, I have many dreams when sleeping in such an ideal condition. Some of my dreams these days are very strange and interesting too.


About a week ago, I dreamed of attending a very abnormal class. It’s somewhat like a preparing class for the university entrance examination, and the subject is English. The strange thing is that the attenders are lots of my friends in a range of periods, from secondary to university. Some of them I haven’t met for a very long time, so it is surprising to meet them, in my dream. And the teacher is a man, very funny man. He asked the class to analyze a new structure, and I were the only to raise my hand. I gave him a correct answer, and he somehow shouted “Exactly! Brilliant”. I’m not sure if it is because I were overwhelmed by happiness or not, but I woke up immediately right after the teacher complimented on me. People usually forget what they dreamed when they wake up, so do I. I just remember a little detail of it, as I told you above. I keep wonder why I had such a dream, and I reckon the explanation that people often see things which they met in day life again in their dreams. To my case, in that morning I had met my old literature teacher, whom I very admired at high school, so the teacher in my dream, though teaching English in stead of lit., was somehow like him. The dream made me miss my high school very much, all my classmates there...I’m looking forward to my class reunion in next Tet’s holiday.


The second dream is a little bit funnier and crazier. I’ve just had it this noon, in my warm nap while it was raining cats and dogs outside. I was, in my dream, going to the bread store to buy some loaves of bread for my breakfast. The store’s owner gave me the bread, putting in a transparent nylon bag. On my way back to home, I shook the bag over my head [just because I’ve nothing to do while walking], suddenly I sensed that my legs were off the ground, and I was flying toward the sky. Very scared, I tried to shout as loud as possible. When I was at the height of an average tree, I loosed my hands off the bag, and of course I “crashed” into the ground. I woke up immediately then, feeling as if I’ve just made a narrow escape out of a dangerous accident.


The last thing I want to tell you is I also have another dream, next to the dream of flying bread above. Unbelievably, I dreamed of writing this letter to you, with the outline and ideas all the same. I really don’t know how I could “write” a letter in my dream, nor could I know how my brain works to make me really write some correct sentences in English while I’m sleeping. When I got up, I rushed to my desk to take a sheet of paper and noting down any pieces of information I remembered about the dreams. And now I just re-write it and send to you, in hope that you can give me some explanation about it. Will you?


Your student.


Comments

  1. bai nay x viet cho Mit ha. hihi uhm really fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, bài tập journal writing hồi năm nhất đó :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Để đề phòng blog bị lỗi ko comment được, trước khi bấm Post comment các bạn nên copy nội dung comment lại trước.

Popular posts from this blog