Women and men equality


This is an assignment when I was at first year. 
----

Men and women equality has long been the controversial topic for many discussions for ages and lots of struggle for women’s right also followed it. However, can there be complete equality between men and women? Or is there always a border which women can never get over? To me, women nowadays have reached the equality with men, and the border, to some extent, also does exist, but it depends on your own concept, not the whole society’s.


In the past, or more exactly in the feudal age, there was little or no equality between men and women. Men were always of “upper level” to women, and women were to follow and obey men. There was large gap between the two in all aspect of life. Just take education for example. At that time, going to school was somewhat very “luxurious” to women. Never could they be allowed to receive education. Girls had to stay at home, helping their mom doing chores, preparing meal, or, terribly, just to bear child. Thus, they became illiterate and had no social position. There was no female teacher or doctor, nor was there any women had their stand in the government or scientific fields. The whole society was led by men and men only.


Things are dramatically different now. All those bad facts have become past. By movements after movements, women have restlessly struggled for their right and to some extent have succeeded in shortening the gap between them and men. Gradually, women could go to school and it is obvious that they can study as well as or even better than men. More and more women study in higher and higher level. You can see that there are a number of female professors, masters, doctors, and even female astronauts. Even the most imaginative one could not have the slightest thought of this in the a few centuries ago. As a result, women nowadays have much higher status in the society than ever before. We can easily find women taking place in every aspect, from doctor to professor, from CEO to president. In addition, do you know that the most powerful person besides President G. Bush is a woman – Mrs. C. Rice? Never before have women come the closest to the equality with men.


Besides education and social position, women now become involved in all fields thought to belong only to men. Sport is so good an instance. Women can play what men can play, from football to tennis, from swimming to athletic…etc. Surprisingly, women also play such heavy, hard, and too much violent sports as bodybuilding, weight lifting or boxing. Some more examples can be found easily in normal day life. Have a look at fashion. There is a tendency of fashion, called metro-sexual, i.e. the clothing everyone can wear it no matter which sex is he. When a girl dresses herself up in a boy’s style, or tomboy as often called, she will become very stylish. As long as you don’t abuse it, this kind of fashion is very cool. What else? How about love? In the past, women had to follow their parents will in choosing husband. They could not decide their future marriage life. If their parents made them to get married with that man, they could do nothing but obey. In contrast, now a girl can find herself a good person to get married with, also can she refuse a proposal of guy she doesn’t like. She can even be the one to propose first, this is very rare in past but is much common in modern life.


For all the things discussed above, it seems that women have had the equality with men. What a man can do, a woman can also. Nevertheless, is there any hindrance preventing women from getting their own right? To some extent, there is. This invisible obstacle is created by some old-fashioned persons. They keep using the outdated concept to judge the women’s behaviors. They think that the women should do this thing instead of others to follow what they call “tradition”. But their tradition is really old-fashioned. We are in modern time, in the computer age, we should have opener mind. Just omit all what are no longer suitable and adapt to the other more appropriate. Don’t think and act as if you were still in the age of feudal - the age of stupid rules that remove freedom of women.


Briefly, I just want to say that I always appreciate the equality between men and women. Men or women, we are all the same and equally.

Comments

  1. Hi, Xu!
    I'm talking about equality between women and men in my class. In next week, I have my presentation about this. So, I want to get information about it. thanks your this entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherry,

    Thank you for your visiting. I hope my writing can help you with your study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you come from VietNam? where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, aren't you Vietnamese? Yes, I'm from Vietnam. I'm studying in Ho Chi Minh City :D

    How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe. Nice to make friend with you :X I'm studying in Australia. But I have just arrive at Aus. I speak EL not very well. So, we can speak Vietnamese. Hi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah I see. Do you have facebook? if yes, add me on Facebook and we can talk more easily. I'm busy now, see you later. You can email me or drop me a message on my blog :)

    Chúc bạn học tốt nhé :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, I'm studying in my class. So, I can't sign in Facebook. I don't know how to add your facebook. Can you add my facebook? This is my facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?
    I'm busy now, too. see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok. you have sent me the wrong link to your facebook. mine is http://www.facebook.com/xuxu.kun

    Hope to see you soon on Facebook :)

    Good luck with your study ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Để đề phòng blog bị lỗi ko comment được, trước khi bấm Post comment các bạn nên copy nội dung comment lại trước.

Popular posts from this blog